Monday, June 26, 2006

Still chugging along...

I don't have any really exciting progress to report, but I figured I'd post what I have so far anyway. I've finished the left front of the Hex Coat, and now I'm on to the right front. Here's the left front in all its splendor:

You may have noticed that I have only 9 total indentations (counting the half ones at the top and bottom) instead of the 11 indentations that the pattern calls for. This is because my row gauge is messed up. In the swatch that I made, the row gauge (after washing/blocking) was 22 rows=4". The gauge in the pattern is 25 rows=4". My stitch gauge is right on at 17 st=4", so I was too worried that the row gauge was a bit off. So far in my actual, non-swatch, the row gauge is closer to 20 rows=4". I still think this isn't a big deal, but I decided to cut out two hexagons on each side so this sweater coat doesn't eat me alive! I think it's going to work out well too with the armholes, because the petite measurements in the schematic call for 8 1/2" armholes on each side. I was a bit concerned that this would be a bit small for wearing this over clothes and such, so I'm happy that with my sloppy row gauge, my armholes are closer to 10".

No snags in the actual pattern yet. This particular pattern is very specific on how to do the increases and decreases on each side, because they need to be a certain way in order to attach the hexagons that go down the front. The one thing she doesn't specify though, is what form of m1 you should use. This is just a minor complaint though, and simply stems from the fact that she's so specific about what kind of decreases to do. I've just been knitting through the front and back loop and it seems to look fine, so I'm happy.

I just returned from vacation where I got little to no knitting done, so I'm hoping to pick up the pace a bit from here on out. These could be my famous last words.

Tags: Hex Coat_


Post a Comment

<< Home