Thursday, June 15, 2006

Slow but steady hex coat progress

I've started working on the left front of the hex coat:





Tags: Hex Coat_












I've gotten a bit further than this picture shows, but not much. (I'm in a wedding this weekend, and silly me thought I would be doing a lot more knitting than I actually am doing!) Anyway, so far the pattern seems okay, though I haven't really gotten into anything all that involved. It took me awhile to decide what size to make, since I'm not entirely familiar with ease allowance conventions for sweater coats. In the end I went with the Petite, since I'm a 37" bust and the bust on the Petite is 41 1/2. My rationale was that this should be more than enough ease in an oversized sweater, so hopefully it will make a nice fitting sweater coat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm using the yarn that the pattern calls for: Reynold's Lite Lopi. I'm using one size bigger than the needles called for though. After making a swatch and washing it, I got the exact stitch gauge with size 9's, though I think my row gauge was a bit off. Again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger sherry said...

Kelli,
that is beautiful, and I love the color..

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Allegra said...

So glad you're making the HexCoat! I will be watching closely to your progress as I plan to make one in August.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I am interested to see how it ends up fitting you. I have a 34" bust and I am sure that coat will be too large on me, so I am trying to figure out how much to take out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home