Thursday, June 08, 2006

Basalt Tank


I've had this book since it first came out, but only now have something to show. I've completed two hexagons on the Basalt Tank. I spread them on the floor to photograph and you can see that there were some obstructions, so I took another close up. I'm sorry Carolyn had so much trouble (and anger!) with this pattern, but grateful she went first so I had some heads up about the mistakes.

I did the first two hexagons flat, but have done about 20 rows on the third in the round. I'm doing this on 24" circulars and will switch to magic loop I think when there are fewer stitches. I'm using Classic Elite Premiere (50% Pima Cotton 50% Tencel) in boring brown (because it will match everything else I own).

I've also swatched last night for the Shell Tank with some Debbie Bliss Soho Summer I got at the WEBs Tent Sale. Actually I did the skinny left front piece as my swatch. Then cast on and did the ribbing for the back piece.

I also have yarn already for the spiral scarf and I've been eyeing some Reynolds Rapture for the sweater that looks like it has a sand dollar on the front of it (can't recall the name at the moment). WEBs is discontinuing carrying Rapture and is selling off the last of their stock at 25% off.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger MelissaKnits said...

And she bought the Rapture and I for one am very, very jealous!

Adorable Obstructions!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger sherry said...

awww, too cute of a picture. lokking good.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger cmeknit said...

Love it...I can't wait to see one complete, since I dropped out of the basalt race!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

How did you get your hexagons so flat? The decrease proportions change on the inside section and my hexagon started to pucker terribly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home