Sunday, June 04, 2006

Hex Coat




I won't be getting to my first Knitting Nature project until August, but I couldn't keep myself from joining now! I am really looking forward to everyone's FOs and working on my own. So far everyone's progress looks great! Originally I was going to use this Malabrigo (yum) for Sally Melville's Einstein Coat. But now I know that my Malabrigo is meant for the Hex Coat!!! yum yum yum! (sorry, picture placement on Blogger and I don't always get along)
Allegra @ FiddlesticKnitting




Tags: Hex Coat_

5 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

Have you noticed that, in every picture, the model is holding the hex coat closed? I am tempted to make the hex coat next, but am also wary.

In Sweater Design in Plain English, Maggie Righetti warns about pictures where the model is in odd positions so that you can't fully see how the sweater hangs.

Anyone have a completed (at least the bodice part) hex coat and can share their experience?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger treeba said...

I made the Einstein for my 7 y/o daughter... it is a great pattern... I used Lamb's Pride Bulky so it is almost a coat... your yarn is very beautiful. As for the Hex being held together, maybe it is just missing buttons?

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wary of the model's strange position as well, but I figured I could always put a clasp of some sort on the front if it turns out that it needs it. I wish I had a completed part of the hex coat to show you, but my yarn still hasn't arrived in the mail! The anticipation is killing me!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger sherry said...

oh wow, that yarn is yummy!! so glad you joined.. can't wait to see, and yes it is on my list to do. If i get to everyone that I want to inthis book, it will be well worth the money i spent on it.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for the yarn suggestion - I want to make this coat, but I'm not so crazy about Lite-Lopi. Malabrigo sounds great - I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home