Sunday, May 28, 2006

turbulence blocking its heart out

turbulence - front and back blocking

turbulence - front and back blocking turbulence - front and back blocking

thar she is. may i confess that doing the front cable chart is insanely absorbing and absolutely magical! i always do all my cables without a cable needle, which shaves off a huge amount of fiddliness and time. i am such a sucker for textured and cabled knits...

one teeny mistake in the pattern: row 36 of the chart is missing. no biggie, you just go back the wrong side and knit the knits and purl and purls (basically the form of every WS row in the chart). in the writeup, you can tell there's one row amiss because the chart ends on a RS (row 35), it instructs you to do two more rows (one Ks, one Ps) and the next instruction is to begin a RS row. so, ostensibly, you really should finish the chart with a WS row.

sleeves and seaming to go! :)


Tags: Turnbulance Pullover_

5 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger MelissaKnits said...

Yummy! I love this sweater!! And I think cabling without a needle is one of the biggest time savers ever. It makes me love cables even more.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Okay, you've got me. I need to start mine. Yours is so beautiful, and I love a compelling cable pattern. I've had yarn sitting around for that sweater for a month now! Thanks for the pattern correction.
What yarn are you using?

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger smug sheep said...

All the lovely items on this KAL make me want to buy the book, but I wonder if anyone can tell me the smallest size the patterns come in? I'm 32" chest, so am a bit worried that the patterns will be too big, and I think adjusting these complicated shapes is a bit beyond me.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Vera said...

Awesome work.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger christine said...

thanks everyone! the yarn i'm using is nashua handknits creative focus worsted, in 'oatmeal'. the colourways of this yarn are quite lovely (see here). the stitch definition is great. only thing -- it can be a little haloey + loosely spun (single-ply construction), so gives a wooly quality and rusticly irregular surface (as you can see here). it's yummy 75% wool 25% alpaca, and trés affordable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home