Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ram's Horn Jacket!

Hi all, I just joined! Love to see all the projects coming along, I think this is one of the best knitting books to come along in a long time! I'm making the Ram's Horn Jacket, and here's an excerpt from my full blog post about this project so far:

here's what it looks like in the book:

I rarely knit from other’s patterns, so falling head-over-heels for this little jacket kind of caught me by surprise. And aparently all the stars were in alignment because I happened to have just ordered the perfect yarn to make this out of: Cascade 220 in a gorgeous navy blue.

I like this thing so much, I already finished the back and one front. See?


The color is very true on my monitor, but needless to say it’s hard to photograph such a dark color accurately. I’m actually surprised you can even see the hem’s turning row in this photo!

The pattern so far is perfect and easy to understand, and I really like the proportions and sizing. I’m knitting the smallest size and am pleased to report that she’s got shorter armholes (8″ on this size) and narrower sleeves (12″) than most knitting patterns, which happily means I don’t have to alter a thing! How refreshing! I'm spot-on gauge with this yarn sub, which is also refreshing.

In my mad love for this little jacket I've also been daydreaming about sewing a lining into it. With maybe a pocket inside one of the fronts, to make it more like a “real” jacket. I’m imagining a slightly-inapropriate fabric choice, like maybe huge 70’s polka dots or that sushi fabric I’ve seen on some websites . . .



Tags: Ram's Horn Jacket_

4 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Vera said...

You are motoring along. It looks great!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger sherry said...

Hi Ivete,
that is the other project in book I want to make, so if I have any quiestions, I can ask you??? I love that jacket. Looks great

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Ivete Tecedor said...

Thanks for the compliments! And yes, of course you can ask me anything Sherry!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger littlecindy said...

just curious...how much cascade are you using and for what size?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home