Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sidetracked



Moving along with the Leaf Tank, albiet a bit slowly, when I got sidetracked by the Sunflower Tam. I picked up some buttery Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran and could not resist making this my carry-along project. Gauge was sufficiently off that I had to rip the entire thing out once, go down a couple needle sizes, twist the knits in the ribbing, and cast on 80 stitches (whew!), but now it will fit my daughter... next winter.
<>
My real dilemma is whether to bring my cone of Denim Silk along on my 2-week trip back home. I don't want to put the leaf tank down for 2 weeks. Is it crazy to carry a cone across the country?

3 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger sherry said...

Love the hat, and NO, not crazy at all to carry a cone of yarn. I usually take 3 projects if we go away, and only get to 1 of them. And then visit another lys and get another one... LOL. but hey, I am prepared.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger the daily purl said...

I agree with Sherry, not crazy to carry a cone of yarn. Two weeks seems like a long time to be away from that gorgeous project.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger treeba said...

Thanks for the support... I'll take the tank, the hat, and Lotus Bloosom Tank from IK... that should keep me busy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home