Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hello, from KC!

I'm new today too! My name is Kyra, I'm 42 and I live in the greater Kansas City area. I learned to knit from my fraternal grandmother's sister when I was about nine or ten years old. When I quit working five or six years ago I really picked it up in earnest! Anyway, I got lucky and snagged the book on sale at Joann last weekend when all their books were 40% off (I can't believe it was still there!). I have some Great Adirondack Silk Noir and it's a huge 900 yd. skein. I'm thinking about doing the Shoreline Tank, with some slight modifications. Namely, I will not have the opening in front. I will have it straight across the bottom with the edging added to that. I haven't swatched yet though so I'm still not sure that the gauge will be appropriate. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! My JoAnn doesn't normally carry stylish knitting books. That's a good find!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home