Saturday, August 12, 2006

I finished my Hex Coat!

Here it is, in all its glory:

Well, most of its glory anyway. It's really hard to photograph the whole thing and not be too far away. I have a newfound respect for Thayer Allyson Gowdy, photographer for Knitting Nature. :)

I'm very happy with how my Hex Coat turned out! You can read a few more details and see one more picture on my blog.

I really liked working on this project - I'm a total fan of the rustic nubbiness of Lite Lopi - but I'm very very happy to be able to move on now!

8 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger ladyfunk25 said...

That's awesome! I love the Hex Coat, but personally don't know if I would have the stamina to knit it. Your's looks wonderful, you did a great job!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger jillian said...

Your coat is Gorgeous! I'm impressed by just how large a project that is! I loved the look of that pattern, but would probably only consider making one shorter!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

Love your coat. I can't wait to get started on my own!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger the daily purl said...

Beautiful! I'm sure you'll wear it lots this fall. -Brooke

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Helen said...

The Hex Coat is one of my favourites in the book but from the start I've told myself there is way I would consider doing so much moss stitch because it would drive me mad, but oh that does look wonderful. I wish I could discover some trick to doing moss sititch without that eternal wrapping backwards and forwards - perhaps this is the time to master Norwegian Purl :) Yours certainly looks lovely enough to swing me a bit further towards making it. I could do a swatch anyway, no harm in that?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Mary said...

OMG, I'm so impressed - what a huge project to tackle. It looks beautiful!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Liz said...

That's gorgeous! It's definitely on my list, even more so now that I see someone's finished one. (I've heard some bad things about pattern errors, so I'm glad to see that this one works!) It looks amazing. :)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Love it! This one's on my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home