Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Shell Tank finished

The latest project I finished from this book is more adapted to the hot summer weather with 35 degrees centigrade here in germany than the Hex Coat I knitted before, it´s the Shell Tank. I knitted it as a present for my cousin so here is again no photo someone wearing the Tank, sorry. I´ll ask her whether she´ll give me a photo for you ;-)
So, here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The yarn is Schewe Unique 50% Cotton, 50% Polyacryl and is a leftover of a cardigan I knitted in May. I knitted the Tank in size petite and I used 220 gramms by a yardage of 125m/50g.
I enjoyed the knitting very much but I´m lazy so knitted the 3 parts of the front as just one :-) and I can recommend it to you all.

Have fun with your projects.
Claudia.
http://myblog.de/himawari

addendum:

Here is the photo showing my cousin wearing the Shell Tank which has been a present for her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You also asked for how I did the front in just one part. I began which the chart and then in the 9th row I cast on the stiches for the right side as given in the pattern and also a few rows further not just the few stiches as given in the pattern but also the number of stiches given for the left side. That´s all :-)

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Tcknit said...

Nicely done!! Would you share how you knit the front piece as one?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Martina said...

That is a great pattern! I must get the book!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

wow! that looks great. I like this pattern, but I'm worried about the hem exposing my tummy. that doesn't seem to be a problem with yours, so maybe I'll go ahead and do it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home