Monday, July 17, 2006

Basalt Tank and Target Wave Mittens

I love this book, and have started two of the patterns!

First, the Basalt Tank. There is lots of good information from this knitalong on errors in this pattern, thanks! I'm using Jo Sharp Soho Summer in the Currant colorway. My gauge all around is off from the pattern, so I knit a gauge swatch:


So far so good. I'm planning on adding some waist shaping to the sweater. We'll see how that goes.

I also started the Target Wave mittens. I bought some Louet Topaz for the mittens, so again my gauge is different from the pattern. The pattern measurements seem a bit odd - the child's large is 9 1/4 inches long, and a pair of mittens that I own are the same length. I do believe that my hands are longer than a child's large (they certainly wider). I'll be double-checking that length once I finish the cuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home