Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hex Coat Errata

I just finished the back of the Hex Coat, and I noticed a few minor errors in stitch counts. It wasn't really a big problem, but if you're an obsessive stitch counter like me, it might throw you off a bit.

In the armhole shaping part of the back, the stitch counts given after each round of decreases is off. I don't really know the best way to type this out, so I'll just give the stitch counts as they should be for each size:

Petite: 88 st. -> 58 st. -> 24 st.
Small: 98 st. -> 62 st. -> 24 st.
Medium: 108 -> 66 -> 24
Large: 118 -> 72 -> 26
XLarge: 128 -> 76 -> 26

One thing that may be a bit odd is that the armhole shaping from the front is not the same as the back when you're decreasing 1 stitch on each side. In the front, you do this 2 or 3 times depending on the size, but in the back, you do this 4 or 6 times. If the back decreases were the same, however, the stitch counts given in the pattern after this step would be correct.

I hope this makes sense for you guys. Like I said, it's not a really big deal, but I was a bit thrown off when I had put my knitting down for awhile and then came back to it and counted my stitches to see how far I had made it in the decreases.

Now that I've finished the back, I'm cruising on the sleeves. I can't wait to be finished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home