Monday, July 10, 2006

Hex Coat - Finally done :-)

I think this is the project I finished fastest of all. It took me 17 days in the evenings while watching TV and a few hours more on weekends. With 5mm needles it grows as fast as I can´t imagine except the back that I thought would never end ;-)

So, here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sorry, but there is no photo me wearing the coat because of having temperatures near 30°C here in germany...

I used a Lopi yarn from a different distributor than recommended in the book and I spent 815 gramms knitting the pattern in size small. All specification fits and there has been no mistake in the pattern as others metioned for some patterns in this book. The only thing I diverged from was using 4,5mm needles for the ribbing instead of 4mm. This was a good decission because of having a hexagon with nearly same side lenght on the botton edges.

Wish you all many fun with knitting the Hex Coat too.

Claudia.
_______________________
www.myblog.de/himawari

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Beautiful. Just stunning.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Great achievment. Such a large knitting piece. I could never finish something like that.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

Please post photos with it on! It looks lovely but I'm sure it looks even better on. (It's about 9 degrees in Sydney at the moment so I can't sympathise with the hot weather...)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger the daily purl said...

Looks great! I was thinking of making a shorter version, but it does look gorgeous full length.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how quickly you finished! I'm working on the back right now, so I can sympathize with how slowly that part seems to go. It's taken me a bit longer than 17 days though! Beautiful FO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home