Just about a Roundabout
I've finished my Roundabout Tank!
As you can see, I've made a few changes. The more I thought about it, the more I hated the straps as written, so I ended up redesigning the whole thing.
The redesign required my changing the back quite a bit!
The math for the back nearly killed me, and I ripped out and reknit the top of the back once and the left strap and the part of the strap that goes across the back twice, but it was worth it: I love it!
(Please excuse the lousy pictures: my boyfriend doesn't get the point of photographing knitting.)
A few quick notes: the yarn I used was recycled from a DKNY sweater, and is 99% silk and 1% "other fiber". It's actually a knitted tube that lies rather flat, so produces a kind of jumbled look when knitted up. I got 20 stitches to 4", so adjusted the pattern to be 26 stitches wide instead of 24.
I joined tube a bit early, at 35", and then blocked it repeatedly during the knitting to 32", and I think it fits great. My bust is 37", so I really don't understand this. I can only think that the silk, having no bounce, just sags and so needs to be tight not to hang like a wet sack. As it is, I had to run a row of single crochet across the top edge between the straps to keep it from sagging too low.