Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Target Wave Mittens

I just finished the Target Wave Mittens!



I used Louet Gems Pearl yarn on size 6 needles. My gauge was way off, and I upsized it for my non-child-sized hands, so mine look a bit different from the pattern. I wish that I had made the thumb target part larger - I think that these definately look cuter in the book. Also, I knit the mittens in the round (the pattern has you knit everything flat and seam at the end).

There is one tiny error in the pattern - the photo shows the very top of the mitten in CC, but the instructions have you end on an MC row. For the anal-retentive among us (uh, like me), that's something to watch out for.

All in all it was a fun pattern. More photos on the blog.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger nicole said...

Kelp! They look *GREAT!* What a lovely 100th post! I love the colours you used! I was wondering how to make them into adult size mittens - good job!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger treeba said...

These are great! Was making them in the round more like a conventional mitten pattern? I've made lots of mittens and agree that it is a good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home