Sunday, July 30, 2006

Roundabout Leaf Tank sizing question

Hey all!

I just started this pattern and I'm completely new to the KAL...so hello!

My chest is about 39" across at the biggest part, putting me inbetween the size 36 and the size 40. I decided to knit the size 40, because it was closest to my size. I noticed, however, that the size 40 looks WAY too big and am wondering if the idea is that because the garment will stretch downwards, it will be a bit tighter at the top or if i should see about making the tube a bit narrower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Passionknitly said...

I'm using the Berrocco Denim Silk. Will the pattern be seriously messed up if instead of knitting the first strip 40.5 inches or 36 I knit it to about 37.5?

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Passionknitly said...

Raised in Rhode Island living in NYC currently. I'm sure we either know each other or know people in common. :D

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Nopinkertons said...

Make it smaller, definitely! I joined it at 35" and have blocked it aggressively to 32", and it still hangs a bit looser around the bust than I'd like. My bust, btw, is 37/38". (This is a geometry mystery I will never figure out.) I am hoping the sagging will be helped by the addition of straps.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Passionknitly said...

Oh dear Marg, maybe i'll just do that as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home