Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Basalt Tank Update

I have returned to the Basalt Tank after a hiatus. I wanted to make the shoulder straps wider and toyed with different ideas. I hadn't counted on running out of the purple color so soon. I could rip back and start the stockinette section earlier, like the inside portion, and then finish with another row of lace (yo, k2tog) before another band of garter stitch. Or, I could just use up the rest of the purple and join in some black yarn to make a second garter, lace, garter band. That would make it a Basalt Shell instead of a Basalt Tank. Don't be shy, leave a comment with your suggestions.

Here is the green side,

and here is the red side. It is reversible!
As usual, there is more, ad nauseum, on my blog.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Rose said...

I was just having my morning cup of joe, surfing my favorite knitting sites, and voila! I found this! This is so beautiful! Now I have to make one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home