Monday, August 13, 2007

Roundabout, take one

I can't believe! how fast and fun this is! Before you know it, you've knit up this much of the Roundabout Leaf Tank:


So far I'm happy with the yarn (see previous post on this KAL) and the color. The knitted stripe curls inward a LOT, but I guess that's normal for stockinette and since I haven't blocked it yet I'm not worried (yet) that it won't lie flat.

Also, I found an obvious error in the pattern which I'm sure many of you have noted. I don't find any mention of it here, so here goes: The pattern says to

"k2, yo, ssk, k(n) (can't remember how many), yo, ssk, k2"

for every RS row. This should read

"k3, yo, ssk, k(n-1), yo, ssk, k2".

See, if you only knit 2 stitches in the beginning of every RS row, you end up with two different borders on each side of the stripe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Linda@SquabbleHollow said...

Hello,

I left a post for you on my site answering your question. You look like you are coming along fine on your tank. Why are you concerned about the fit ? Maybe I could answer a specific question for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home