Tuesday, July 24, 2007

basalt tank is done!

my basalt tank is finished!! ends woven in, blocked and ready to go! i still haven't put it on for a photoshoot, but here you can see it blocking in all it's brown, hard-to-photgraph glory:



as you can tell, i modified it that there are 1/2 hexagons on the sides, but other than that, it was knit exactly to the pattern. the arm holes are a teeeeeeeeeeny bit small, but it fits pretty well. doesn't necessarily mean i'll wear it a lot. now that it's finished, i find myself wondering: "hmmm, a brown knitted hexagonal tank top... is that something i would really ever wear? is it worth wearing just because i made it? will people take one look at me wearing it and think 'there she goes, wearing her weird, knitted stuff'".. hmmm. hope to have modeled pics soon!

4 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Adrienne said...

I can't wait to see this on you!! Its beautiful!!!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger AJ said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love the chocolately brown you used!

I just picked up my Frost Jacket last night, (after a few month hiatus), and now I'm inspired to work on it right now!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Herdis said...

It's beautiful! I'm looking forward to see a picture of you wearing it.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Crystal Jean said...

I can't see why you are wondering how much you will wear it! But I did have similar thoughts with mine. However, I wear it all of the time.
And I LOVE the way yours turned out.
You did a great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home