Friday, May 18, 2007

Turbulence Calmed


All is calm on the Turbulence U-Neck Pullover, it is done! I love the fit, it suits me well, and I am happy to say, "finished!" The sleeves did come out a little longer than I had measure (they are supposed to three-quarter length) my came out between full length and 3/4s. I like it though, because I love a pushed up sleeve, so it works for me. I really loved doing the half-twisted ribbing, it made the ribbing more detailed looking. There were other surprises in the design, like the make one at the cuffs to the elbow were by making a stitch between two stitches which created a lovely yarn over hole on both sides of the seam. And the neck was fun, applied after sewing together the front and back on one side and then picking up stitches along neckline in a knit, knit, purl bind-off for the three rows added! Well, back to the lacy summer knit sweater.


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Helen said...

That looks wonderful. I'm not usually a fan of cables, but Norah Gaughan definitely has a way with them. I love the tweedy yarn too.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is really lovely. I noticed in the pattern that the instructions for the front never say to change to larger needles. Did you change to the larger needles after the initial ribbing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home