Sunday, May 13, 2007

Basalt Tank

As this is my first post here, I'd like to say thank you to the blog organizer. I first saw this book about a year ago when I was learning to knit, and I wanted to work my way up to being able to knit these beautiful patterns. Now I feel confident, and am very excited about making several of these (I think unique) patterns.

My Basalt Tank is happily blocking out. It was an easy knit, but it took me a long time - I think due to the yarn I used. Elizabeth Lavold's Hempathy was a bit easy to snag, and bled a little in the blocking process. If it softens up a bit, I will not be disappointed by this yarn. I still don't think I would use it again. It took just under four balls to make the xs size with half hexagons at the sides. It is an airy knit with size four needles, but this does not distract from the pattern. I will post a picture of me in it when it is done drying.

One of my goals in this blog is to accurately describe the different kinds of yarn I use for each project. I love it when people critique yarn. I never buy yarn in person, so research is a must, and I don't see enough of it out there.

I am also thinking about making the Phyllo Yoked Pullover, but I am near certain that a size 36" xs will fall off of me. I am closest to a 32" but this knit looks like it could be a little loose...I have no idea how to size it down to a 33-34" top as of yet. I will be grateful for any input on this matter.

I look forward to seeing more projects by everyone, and in general, shooting the breeze about these knits.

Crystal

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home