Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spiral Scarf is finally done


Finally I finished my first project out of Knitting Nature with the Spiral Scarf.

I worked with 200 gr Regia Bamboo colour 1066 double-stranded on 3.5 mm bamboo-dpns .

To be honest: I was really happy when I had finished the spiral scarf. At first it was fun to knit the hexagons but then it was really boring. I sew some little push-buttons in order to hold the wider end of the scarf on the shoulder.

I still have to get used to wear the scarf in public because I always think I wear a chain of pot-holders. I hope this impression will fade in time ...

Nevertheless: One of my next projects will be another design from Norah Gaughan. This time it will be the multidirectional cabled shrug called "capecho" which was presented in the winter-issue of Vogue Knitting.

Creative greetings from Germany
Susanne

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Crystal Jean said...

Knitting the basalt tank at first reminded me of knitting bath towels. But once it has come together it is so unique and finished looking that I think it is okay.

And I think your spiral scarf will have the same effect.

It looks very nice.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Prachi said...

It is beautiful! You made many more hexagons than I did. And I agree about wearing it in public; all the knitters I know said nice things about my scarf and some non-knitters didn't like it at all.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Birgitte said...

I think your scarf is very nice! Who said that scarves have to be straight? ;)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

I love the yarn and color, so practical and yet sensational! It looks very nice on you! Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home