Thursday, April 12, 2007

Finished Reflection Aran Pullover!

So, there has been a lot of saga involved in doing this sweater. Mostly, I think I learned that if I start reading a chart and it doesn't make any sense at all, that I know cables well enough by now to fudge it. That's exactly what I did, and to be honest, i think the finished product looks just fine:

front

I started this project in November on size 4 Addi Turbos (i aparently knit really loosely!) with Knit Picks Swish Superwash in the Deep Ocean Colorway. The front is actually two different dye lots stranded together, but I think the varigated effect adds to the depth of the cables in the front, and it doesn't look crazy at all when you look at the whole thing. All in all, I liked that yarn quite a lot. I didn't think I was such a huge fan of Knit Picks, but it seems alright. The dye kept coming off on my hands as I was knitting with it and seaming the ends, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn my brother into Grover, but that's alright. Here's a close up of the front cables:

front detail

I don't have a picture of my brother wearing it yet (did you really think anyone that's not family could deserve a sweater like this!?), but I'll be giving it to him this Saturday, and when I get photos of him in it I'll post one here.

This is the first sweater that I've ever actually completed, so I'm rediculously proud of it! To be honest, I did like a full 5 minute raver happy dance after I'd complted it to the tune of "Feel So Fine" by Dhany. It's my second project from Knitting Nature. My first was the Roundabout Leaf Tank I completed in August.
I dip into the saga of it all on my blog if you're interested.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger knitaly said...

You are GREAT!! I think this pattern is a real KNITMARE (^_^)
It's wonderful, your brother should make you a big present!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger jr said...

This looks fabulous! I can't believe you knit it on size 4's! Do all the happy dancing you want!!! You did a GREAT job!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger LivM said...

There is just one ting to say: Fantastic!!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Ambaa said...

You're an inspiration to me. In November I started knitting my brother a cabled sweater on size four needles and I'm not done yet! Yours looks awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home