Monday, March 19, 2007

Droplet o' Java




It's my first contribution to this, or any, knitalong: the Droplet hat from Knitting Nature. Here it is, resting on my desk in the sun. It's composed of 1.5 balls of Noro Cash Iroha in color 94, which I call "coffee."

The Cash Iroha knit perfectly to gauge and I didn't change anything about the pattern. Although I don't see any reason for it NOT to be knit in the round. Seeing that the author is very much interested in circular and alternative constructions, I figured there MUST be a reason this thing is knit flat. Upon finishing, I have not come upon one. Any thoughts?

My only quibble with my yarn choice is the fact that the rather dark color doesn't show off the intricate stitchwork as well as something a little lighter would. However, the Cash Iroha is SO soft and produces no forehead itch. It catches the light beautifully and looks even better after a careful handwash or two. There will be another one or two of these in my future!

See more at my blog!

2 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice, I love the color!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger weaverknits said...

Thanks! I've been wearing it daily to great acclaim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home