Saturday, February 03, 2007

Debut project: Asymmetrical Cardigan

Knitting is definitely one of my most precious hobbies, and I'm lucky ;) to have two daughters and three grandchildren - with a fourth on the way! - to pass my creations on to. After having browsed the Knitting Nature book, my oldest daughter ordered an Asymmetrical Cardigan, and here it is, modeled by one of my colleagues at work!

I have to admit that I had my doubts both in regards to the shape and the amount of yarn, but what looked pretty weird during the making turned out to be an awesome jacket. Finding buttons is one of the hardest things with knitted jackets, but I reckon this one will be worn open most of the time, so I guess the buttons aren't really that important.

I spent 11 balls of a yarn called Merino Maxina, using 5,5mm needles. The project took me nearly two months - in between several pair of socks, a kid's sweater, and the start of another jacket. I have pictures of all of those, plus a few pictures of the Asymmetrical Cardigan during the process, at my hobbyblog.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger AJ said...

Your cardigan is beautiful and the color is gorgeous! Great job!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Rositta said...

Really nice cardigan, yes I have problems finding nice buttons too. We do have one yarn shop up here in Toronto that carries one of a kind buttons and this summer I will make my own from clay when I get my pottery studio up and running. I have done that before...ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home