Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bye Bye Scarf Of Death

Last night I finally finished the Scarf of Death.

After my last post, I completely lost steam on the Scarf and procrastinated for a few days without knitting a SINGLE stitch on it. Instead, I started knitting a pair of socks, which amazingly, made me SO HAPPY.

Of course it didn't help that it was 40+ degrees C in Sydney over the weekend and our air-conditioner gave up and died. The SoD is one heavy and WARM project so I couldn't really work on it. (Come to think of it, I don't even know if it gets cold enough in London, where the SoD is going, for it to be worn. Oh well, it's going regardless.)

Last night, I picked it up again and two eps of The West Wing later, realised I had actually made it past the required 60 inches. All I needed was the final 10 rounds of garter stitch. So off I went to finish it off in bed, while listening to Cast-On. (It was the episode hosted by Dave from Chub Creek WAY back from series 1 btw. And it was hilarious.)

Anyway when I finished I thought I needed to record this momentous occasion. (Yep, that's Jerms asleep in the background.) Clock says 1.35am.

Oh and that's when I decided to block the bloody thing.


So a couple buckets of wool wash and about 5 towels later... here it is on our dining table. Clock says 2.10am. I'm mad, I know. And on a work night too.

Hopefully by the time I get home tonight, it'll be dry and I can post it in the morning. I actually can't wait to send it overseas. I think it's affecting my knitting mojo.

Thanks for putting up with me again. Night guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home