Monday, December 11, 2006

Spiral Scarf

I have just finished the Spiral Scarf. This is my third project from Knitting Nature (but it's the second to be finished!)

The scarf is composed of 15 hexagons that make a spiral shape. I ran out of time, and made 12, but I don't think the last three tiny hexagons wuld make much of a difference. I changed from 1x1 ribbing to stockinette, because the yarn didn't look good in rib stitch. This modification was a BIG mistake, as the stockinette stitc make the edges curl, and I believe ribbing wouldn't curl like that. I have wetblocked it for 36 hours, but it's not entirely flat. Lovely as it is, I don't think this yarn was the best choice for the pattern. A lighter, more drapy yarn would have been better. It was a really, really quick knit. I had some minor surgery done on my arm that caused knitting discomfort, and then I lost a day to migraines, but I still managed to finish it in five days.
More pictures in my blog entry.

Spec:
Pattern: Spiral Scarf from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Ekatra wool - sari silk 60-40 blend
Started 3 Desember 2006
Finished 8 December 2006

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger treeba said...

I like the bit of curling, especially with the red... a very autumn leaf sort of look. Enjoy your beautiful new scarf!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger eudyptula said...

Have you thought of stabilizing the edge with crochet? I've seen stockinette edged with single crochet, with 5 sc worked in each 90 degree corner. Maybe this would help flatten your scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home