Sunday, December 10, 2006

First post and Target Wave Mittens

Hi all, and I'm so glad to be here! I fell in love with this book and had to have it. Had to have it so much that, shockingly, I paid retail!

I've got a Bubble Pullover in the works, but my first completed object is a pair of Target Wave mittens for my (adorable, I know) son. I couldn't resist switching the MC and CC for the two mittens. I couldn't bear the thought of him wearing acrylic, store-bought gloves again this winter. These are in two worsted weight stash wools-- some WOTA and Kraemer superwash -- on #6's to make them come out toddler-sized. I enjoyed the process of making these, BUT, the pattern is chock full of errata. If anyone is interested, I will post what I figured out (I haven't seen it noted anywhere).

Roman's Mittens

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Cute! I really like the way you reversed the colors.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger treeba said...

I love the mismatches... I like to do that too. Please do post the errata, as I have the yarn and plan to make a pair for my 8 y/o daughter this winter. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home