Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yet another Asymmetrical!

This must be THE most popular Knitting Nature project, but here's my contribution...


Project details:
Pattern: Asymmetrical Cardigan from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan
Size: Petite (I'm nowhere near a petite but the book has quite generous sizing)
Yarn: ALL of 14 x 50g balls of Nundle Woollen Mill Pure Wool 12ply in Grey (I unraveled the gauge swatch to get enough yarn)
Needles: 5mm and 5.5mm
Notions: Shell buttons from my LYS
Modifications: Pretty much to spec except I added an extra button

Errata:
1. Right front neck shaping... BO 4 st ONCE, not twice (to match the left front neck shaping)
2. Back length... only knit 10" in pattern (NOT 13") and then 3" of 2x2 rib

A couple more pics and comments on my blog.

6 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger cmeknit said...

Gorgeous! I think i have to take a look at that pattern....

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Beautiful!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Beautiful. I never gave this pattern too much thought until I saw your Cardi. It came out perfect.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dearest Cupcake said...

Lovely pattern! You did a nice job.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger the daily purl said...

Gorgeous knitting! Great job!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Zaz said...

it's this one in particular that i want to knit, i liked the bloomer effect they have in the book on the model, yours looks more like a regular shape, maybe you chose a size smaller?!
i thought the pattern stitches look like 6 pointed stars what do you think?
visit my blog:
www.zazeway.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home