Monday, October 09, 2006

Asymmetrical Cardi

I've jumped on the bandwagon and am knitting the Asymmetrical Cardi, with Rowan Cork, using Knit Picks (pointy) needles which makes the cross stitches a breeze. I am totally loving this pattern, yarn and even yarn color (Sour Apple). I imagine wearing it to the NY Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck in 11 days. This is probably a fantasy, but it's a good one.



I also finished up a couple Sunflower tams quite a while ago. I made several modifications, including casting on fewer stitches (70?) and making the green hat deeper so it covers my ears. The purple is for my 8 y/o daughter. Yarn: Queensland Kathmandu Aran, which is incredibly soft and beautiful.

Finally, my poor Roundabout Leaf Tank sits in a bag, a WIP with only the shoulder straps to finish up. This may be gifted for the holidays, or will hang around until next Spring, I'm not sure yet.

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger bionic robinson said...

Hey Tree -- What do you think of those Knit Picks Options needles? I'm thinking about plunking down the dough for the whole set!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger treeba said...

Knit Picks Needles -- gotta say I'm loving them. I do that pushing thing with my finger and thought they'd be uncomfortable, but they are not. They are so pointy though that they do split yarn more quickly than Addi's, so you have to be on your toes. I bought a couple sizes to try out and am also hankering after the entire set. The design is so clever.

As for the Cork, I have 10 balls which is suppose to be the exact right amount for size small, and a wonderful contact who will swap me a couple more balls should I need them. I'll keep you posted!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Helen said...

The hats look gorgeous. I lent my copy of the book to someone and now I'm itching to get it back and start a sunflower hat.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger treeba said...

hi jean

st st is stockinette stitch -- always knit on the front and purl on the back -- the edge stitch is then smooth and will make the finishing/sewing easier. hope this helps! Tree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home