Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sand Dollar Pullover from New Member

Hey all!

I am moments away from finishing my Sand Dollar Pullover in Morehouse Merino. Hopefully all will turn out well. This is the first sweater I have knit in over 5 years!!!!

Lee-Fay, I have also seen Heidi's blog. It prompted me to write to the editor of Knitting Nature.

Here's what she had to say:

"I've looked at this pattern and this is what I've found. First of all, it says to CO 2 sts for ALL sizes of the upper front. You work shaping until you get to 28 (30, 32, 34) sts [end of first paragraph on p 44). Then on the next line, you K1, m1, work to end, and you should have 29 (31, 33, 35) sts. That's where the error is."

As for Row 13 in the chart, it SHOULD be there, though the instructions are a little off in the book. I received clarification, which I found ENORMOUSLY helpful. It may not make much sense now, but when you get to the chart, I promise it will:

"The chart is correct as is. The text next to the symbol for the center 3 sts
should read as follows:

K3tog, but do not drop sts from left-hand needle, insert right-hand needle
between first and second sts and knit first 2 sts again, slip all 3 sts from
left-hand needle together.

Note that you are not knitting the first 2 sts together again, but 1 at a
time. That way, you only decrease 2 sts on Row 13, so you end up with 5 sts,
ready to work Row 14."

Hope that was helpful. Peace out, knitters!

Will post pics of the sweater next week if all turns out well!

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Kaisakaisa said...

Hi,
I've had the Knitting nature book for a coeple of months now, but only recently gotten around to knitting something from it. I started the Droplet hat, and it will be finished quite soon too. I would like to share it with all of you. SO could you add me to this knit-along? Thanks!

kanerva@animail.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home