Thursday, January 18, 2007

Scarf of Death

Remember this post?

Well the Phylotaxis Scarf, better known as the Scarf of Death, is still not finished.


I was supposed to post it this week so it'll get to the UK in time for my friend's birthday on the 30th but it's not going to make it.

I do love the pattern and everything but people, if you're going to knit a scarf as a tube, THINK TWICE! This is like knitting two identical scarves, and for someone with a fairly short attention span, I just don't know what possessed me.

My knitting skills are also regressing (probably cos' I'm SO BORED after 50 inches of what started out as a really interesting pattern). I have been making exactly one mistake a day for about 2 weeks now, which means ripping and re-knitting, EVERY SINGLE DAY!

On a good day I'll find the mistake early and just have to undo a few stitches. On a bad day, I'll end up with an extra stitch about 5 inches down.

Normally I would correct every mistake because I won't be able to live with it otherwise but at one point I really couldn't work out where I'd picked up an extra stitch so I did a naughty and just K2tog. It's not even visible but I KNOW IT'S THERE and it'll haunt me for the rest of my life. At least this one is going overseas....

Phew. I'm glad I got that off my chest. Thanks guys, I feel better.

3 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on that K2tog: you have reached a significant milestone. Nobody will notice. And the scarf looks fab and your friend will be delighted with it.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger jr said...

I really HATE knitting scarves, I can't imagine the tortures of a tube, but you have made significant progress - you can do it!!!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Janis67 said...

i did not understand what you meant by eg.81 stitches? Does this mean there is an increses every other row? What does it mean to move the marker left and count the last stitch as the first stitch of the next row?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home