Monday, January 08, 2007

Slowly but Shirley

I'm such a cheeseball. Sorry kids.

Well, I've been knitting the Reflection Aran pullover for my brother. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but he got a mini sweater instead. So I'm still chugging along on the sweater. In fact, just this evening I finished the second sleeve. Here is where I was a couple of days ago (sorry, it's not my best photographic moment, but the light here is kinda iffy):

Reflection Aran Sweater progress


Here you can see the back and one and three quarters of a sleeve. I'm knitting it in Knit Picks Swish Superwash in the color way Deep Ocean on size fours. Yup, that's right folks. Size FOURs. I guess I knit my cables really loosely. ANYWAY. You'll notice if you click on that link that the color way is so popular that they won't have any to sell until 1/19/07. This would be great...if I weren't already running out of yarn for the sweater. I've only got about four and a half skeins left, which is NO good since the back is a lot less intricate and took me about five skeins in and of itself. I'm thinking I will need to reorder, and while I decided that I don't care anymore about the dye lots matching (because he's a guy, he won't know!), it still means that I need to actually procure more of this yarn.

Sigh. The things I do for my brother. Oh, and the yarn is making three of my fingers on my right hand turn blue. I just hope the sweater doesn't make him look like Grover when it's done with him.

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has made the Ram's horn Sweater in petite. I am working on the back right now and I am having some problems with the decreases for the arm holes. I have seen the errata for the side and collar could there be more?
Thanks for the help!
Alexis

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mary Caputo said...

Dear Shirley,

Did you ever finish the blue Reflection Aran Pullover by Norah Gaughan? I have finished the back panel and the sleeves, but have found several errors in the pattern in the front panel. It makes the going very slow and tedious as I attempt to make corrections. Do you have the corrections or know where I can find the corrections?

Thank you SOOO much,

Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home