Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bubble Pullover Head-Scratcher


Hi All,

It's taken a while, but I've finally started the Bubble. I am knitting it in Jaeger Matchmaker, black, and hit gauge on size 9 needles. My finished Pentagon seems very, very small --- but it more or less matches the schematic --- so I guess I'll keep going! This is a fun, structural knit, and I can't wait to see how it comes together.

Did anyone else have the same reaction of thinking their Pentagon 1 came out alot smaller then they'd imagined it would?

4 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

I liked how small they were because I could work one up in a sitting or two. This is definately a "trust the pattern" pattern!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't knit this one yet. But I must offer up some kudos to you for attempting this in black. Good luck!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have just finished pentagon # 7 and had the same reaction you did after the first one. But it really does work out. So yes trust it and have fun.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tiger Feet said...

Thanks for the comments -- Erica, black was what I had in my stash, so black it was! I would rather have knit it in a bright colour, there are examples of this sweater in pink, green, and three 'multi' color-ways.

However, I am on a money diet, so no spending that is not absolutely necessary.

It is a little tricky to see the details in black, have to admit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home