Monday, February 19, 2007

Hemp Basalt Tank

Knitting Nature was a Christmas gift from my mother. A note inside the book said "comes with yarn for one pattern." I set my mind in motion Only one pattern? How could I possibly choose? And on the college student budget, I realized that this gifted yarn might be the only "good" yarn that i would get to knit into a pattern in this book for a while. After long debate, I decided on the yarn first. Hemp yarn. AllHemp6 by Hemp for Knitting/Lanaknits. In a rather lovely sapphire (not a color I often wear or knit with, which made it even nicer.)
My original plans to knit the roundabout tank were foiled. The hemp curled all over the place and wouldn't lie flat. (Moral: don't use a round yarn in place of a ribbon/tape yarn.)
And then the more I looked at the Basalt Tank, the more I realized that the hemp yarn was speaking to me to be used. And so here it is.....my wonderful boyfriend took the pictures, so blame him for the bad lighting.

5 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Dharmafey said...

That is beautiful! I love the way the hemp drapes, and I just may have to put this back on the to-do list!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger LivM said...

It is a very nice colour! Well done!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

Gorgeous! Looks very well made and really suits you!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Nice choices-looks beautiful! I'm so impressed by the fit.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

*w*o*w*, that looks dynamite on you! great work!

~ hb33 ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home