Wednesday, March 28, 2007

New Gal with Droplet Hat!

Hello! I am Momo aka Miriam and I am new to this KAL. I just have to say that several times over the last couple of months I have looked over this blog and found a lot of inspiration. There are so many gorgeous FO's from the book. And I love seeing so many people's interpretation of color and texture.

I was lucky enough to receive Knitting Nature as part of the One Skein Exchange - my partner really spoiled me - and I had been in love with the droplet hat since first looking over the book. So, I come to you with my first KN project: a droplet hat! My modification was to add earflaps because I felt like the hat was too short. (Hello, row gauge!)

There are more details and another photo on my blog, Kung Fu Knitting.

On another note, I wanted to share something about hexagons in nature. Here is a link to an interesting little article about the formation of a hexagonal band at one of Saturn's poles.

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger weaverknits said...

This is fantastic! I checked out your blog and it looks SO COOL on you.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger MEGatza said...

Um, AWESOME. I'm a huge fan of the ear flaps.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Miri Mack said...

Thanks, gals! :-)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger kelp! said...

I love the color of this, so pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home