Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bubble-licious

Hey everyone! I just joined this knit-a-long...but I had already finished my bubble pullover a couple weeks a go. So here it is!

I used 10 & 1/2 balls of Rainbow Pure Wool in a discontinued shade = I made this sweater for under $30.00!! I love the color...so it is sad that it is discontinued. This sweater was veyr very fun to knit...the construction is just amazing. It's like putting together a puzzle. So very satisifying. I made the size small...so it fits a bit more like a normal sweater instead of like the really baggy one in the book. I love the wide collar. Really I just can't say enough about this book and author.

Now the sweater is in the sink getting ready to be blocked...you may have noticed it is a little misshapen in the pictures, but I was just excited to finally post some knitting again.





I have cast on for the Shell Tank, after being inspired my Anna's that she posted on this Knitalong! I am doing it in a similar color to the one I used for this sweater. I am on my 4th and final panel and i can't wait for the finished product! You can see a couple progress shots on my blog.

6 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Helen said...

That looks lovely. Looking at it in the book, I wasn't convinced that it would lie flat but it seems to have come out well. Can you post again and let us know how it comes out after blocking?

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Anna said...

And I might be inspired by your Bubble pullover. Once again I like the real finished project better than the picture in the book. Yours looks so cozy and more shapely than the original one. And what a beautiful color.
I cannot wait for more pictures.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger the daily purl said...

Beautiful pullover!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your version of this sweater is gorgeous! I love the fit and the color is amazing. Beautiful!!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Tiger Feet said...

I am so impressed - that is gorgeous! The color works really well and suits you to. How long did it take you to knit?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Gelsomina (Jill) Lucchesi said...

Love the sizing, color, everything! Now I want to make it; how long did it take you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home