Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Shell Tank

I've finished my shell tank a few weeks ago but I've forgotten to post it here at the knitalong.
I made little modifications according to my personal measurements because I needed the tank a little longer and didn't want the swing shape like Norah designed the tank. So what above looks like somewhat waistshaping is really nothing but straight edgings as you can see in the next picture. I am totally satisfied with this tank because it fits to my shapes very well and the pointed hem flatters the figure. I didn't admit that I would like such an asymmetrical garment so much because I normally love symmetry. So sometimes one had to try something else, he? This tank make heads turn, that's true!
More on my knitting blog Knit and Relax (click).


Happy (Nature) Knitting,

Susanne from Germany

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

The sweater is gorgeous. I meant to type in the first comment, can you share how you lengthened the pattern? By how much?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

@ badmomgoodmom:
I lengthened it about 5 cm from seem to the beginning of the armhole by continuing to make the decreases and increases of the 2 fronts. When I reached the last cable of the triangle I knitted straight forward until I had the length of the two fronts.
That's it. Nothing strange!
Happy Knitting!
Susanne

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mayeliz said...

WoW... den var kanonlekker :-)
Nå fristet du meg jaggu, hehe

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mormorstrik og Farmorsysler ❤️ said...

Smart og anderledes design, som jeg rigtig godt kan lide.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Maria ( Idekroken ) said...

That was a really nice one!!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Jorun said...

Ååh...den var virkelig flott altså!

Jeg havnet her helt tilfeldig jeg...
Jammen har du laget mye fint!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Ruths datter said...

Aldeles nydelig
Klem

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Grete said...

Hallo,ich suche seit wochen die Anleitung in deutsch fur das Shell Tank Designer: Norah Gaughan.Vieleicht kann mir auf diesem Weg jemand helfen.

Vielen Dank,Gr.Herrm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home