Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cowl How-to

Hi all,
I thought I would post some pictures about how-to knit the Cowl. I started several times as I thought there was an error in the instructions, but it is correct.
There are 3 YO (yellow arrows), and therefore 3 decreases. The fact that the rows are shifted by 2 stitches make the spiral appear.

Knit until you arrive at the first YO from previous row.


Knit this YO and next stitch


Once arrived at second YO this corresponds to the start of the next round (here is the 2-stitch-shift), now start again with:
1YO,1knit,1YO (see the pink arrows before and after ?)


next stitch is slipped (green) and corresponds to the central stitch (looks like the spinal column -in red- with the ribs/holes at right and left-in orange), next stitch is the 3rd YO from previous round (yellow) and should be knit, then pass over the slipped stitch.(red arrow)


At last, make 2 decreases, by doing k2tog twice (in red). In rounds when increases happen, you just do only once the "k2tog".



My tip: place markers where you increased, or you will get lost;))) Here you can see where the 3rd hole is, bearely visible! this is probably why knitters get confused?!

Enjoy!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger lababla said...

Hope this will help some of you?!;)

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Birgitte said...

Thank you for the instructions! Although I've finished mine doing it my own way it was nice to see how it should have been done! :)

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Aysel said...

thanks a lot, very helpful. I am planning to cast on for it soon.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Rhiannon Bacon said...

Thank you for this! I have taken out my stitches five times and still couldn't figure it out. Working it up now and it's looking good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home