Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Violet droplets



This was an incredibly easy and fast knit and I am very very happy with the result. So happy, in fact, that I cast on for another one in the bus on my way home this afternoon.

I did not find the hat too snug or small as some of you have, quite the contrary. It was made using Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, colorway Wild Violet, with the recommended needle sizes (4 mm and 5 mm). It's intended as a gift for someone who has a bigger head than I have (yay!), but the next one I'm making for myself. To make the hat a bit snugger (now is that a word??) I'm going down .5 mm in needle size. I'm also going to do it in the round and do the conversion on the fly. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks good on you, really a beautiful colour.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Kristina B said...

Best of luck with the conversion! I'm sure this hat will be most well received as a gift to the lucky recipient. It looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home