Monday, October 08, 2007

Cowl on the go








I started the cowl pullover that has a sleeve looking like a winkle shell. I had to start it something like 6 times, until I decided to smartly use markers. The wool I use is 70% polyamid and 30%mohair from a swiss brand. I will knit the jersey parts with my big-wool knitting machine.


I mostly knitted the interesting sleeve while breastfeeding or in the car (obviously I was not the one driving;)).I am looking forward to sew and cut the sleeve, but anxious it will not unravel.






Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Herdis said...

Wow, I've wanted to see someone make this sweater for a long time! Yours looks real nice so far :)

This is definitely on my long-term to-do list. Please keep us posted here on your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished garment!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Birgitte said...

You really managed to get some sense out of the instructions? If I follow the instructions I think I get 3 holes instead of 2 - so after I knitted from the pattern twice and found out what it was about, I made my own version. I haven't posted anything on it yet - maybe I will when it is done, and I'm sure it worked out with the sewing ;)

Looking forward to see your progress!

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Aysel said...

pls keep us posted. I am so curious to see your work progress.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger lababla said...

difficult to start, but stick to the instructions..I first thought they were wrong, I will make how-to in pictures in order to avoid you to also have to start 6 times as I did;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home