Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Help, please, with Shell Tank

Hi,
This is my first blog ever - I don't even know what a blog is.... but I'm hoping to get some answers on the shell tank from Knitting Nature - page 89. Here's where I'm stuck - where it says "Shape right front", the note tells me the left edge is shaped on WS rows and the right edge is shaped on RS rows. Then it continues on to tell me how to shape the WS, but there is no mention (that I can figure out, anyway) on how to shape the RS rows. Am I missing something? Help! I'd appreciate any input on this. Thank you so much.
Janice

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not have the book you are working from but if you turn the completed left side over so that it looks like a right side, then either knit or purl the stiches together to attain the shaping. Follow the shaping exactly as before except the right side of the project will be facing you. In other words do the opposite of what you did for the left side. I hope this helps you out.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

HI Janice...feel free to email me at ccaprise@optonline.net I had to write out the entire instructions for the Shell Tank (right front). Only because I started the dang thing on a RS, not a WS. I'm almost finished. See my blog at http://furryfloozies.blogspot.com I'd love to help you out on where you are 'stuck'.
Cynthia

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janice-
Did you ever rectify the shaping problem with the right front? I am exactly at that point and as I read the pattern all the shaping takes place on the left side of the panel (the wrong side - purl side). How did you correct this? Any advice is appreciated. I'm ready to cry!

Thanks.
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home