Monday, January 29, 2007

Asymmetrical Help!

Okay I am to the part where you shape for the sleeve on the left front. It says to cast on _# of stitches and so on. Where do I start knitting on the chart for all of these new cast on stitches? If I start at the beginning won't that mess up my pattern since the number of stitches is increasing every other row at the beginning? And will this change where I stop on the chart? Can someone please explain this to me. The book does not give detailed instructions and this is my first time ever knitting something in this sort of construction.

thanks for your help!

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately there's no easy way. You need to work out which row you're up to on the chart and just count backwards the number of stitches you've cast on for the left sleeve. E.g. if you've cast on 10 stitches for the left sleeve, you need to start 10st to the left of where you started in the previous row. Hope that helps.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger okd said...

Thank you! That does help. I have had a couple people tell their way of figuring it out. Each one has helped me even more to wrap it around my brain. I think yours was the one that made me go, Oh now I get it. Hopefully it will stick. Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home