Thursday, July 06, 2006

roundabout, take two.


First, thanks for the nice comments on my shell tank. It's nice to hear from folks who appreciate knitting and the work that goes into it.

Now, onto the bad news. I got all the way to the beginning of the decreases on my roundabout tank when I finally admitted to myself that it was all wrong. It was too big, the yarn was too heavy, it was going to grow and sag down to my knees because it weighed a ton. I stuck in deep in my stash bin, to be frogged at a later date. And started over.

This is Berocco Ultra Silk, and I think I'm going to be much happier with it. It's light and sproingy and soft, it's got good recovery when it stretches, and I think it's much better suited to the pattern. If anyone can't find Denim Silk and was thinking of subbing with this, I would recommend it (at least so far).

Le sigh.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger tree said...

hi -- so sorry to hear the other leaf tank was all wrong... I certainly know that feeling with garmets through the years. I read about but haven't seen ultra silk ... it looks yummy. I hope this one works out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home