Tuesday, July 11, 2006

home stretch on roundabout.


I'm at about the same place I was when I abandoned the first try, and this time it all seems to be working out. Although now that I've said that, it should spontaneously combust or something.

I've tried it on, sort of, and it seems to fit, a little on the roomy side, but with blocking it should me better. The only small gripe I have is that where you knit the strip together, you can see the selvedge of the bottom strip--the chain of stitches that are slipped sort of roll beneath it, and it doesn't look that great. I couldn't figure out any other way to do it, so I'll live with it.
Haven't seen any other roundabouts on here in a while--last I saw, everybody was right about where I am. Should I be worried? Anybody finished?

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi! I have a Roundabout on the needles -- I have just started the first shoulder. I was thinking of blogging about this soon, but I am seriously losing steam on this project. I'm kind of worried about the fit. It seems as though mine may turn out too big in the bust and a little too tight in the hips. I'm taking a little break and then I'll reassess.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Olgajazzy said...

I am working on it right now,
My really big question is that the yarnovers and the pattern itself is different on each side, and it's not in the errata, BUT study the picture , the big one in the book , it has the same both edges where the yarnover pattern is..so I am making mine as in the picture, not as the pattern or errata says...
I can clearly even see the different in your picture, no that it looks wrong, I wonder it is supposed to be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home