Tuesday, June 13, 2006

hey folks, it's my first knitalong :)


whee, this is cool. I just got the book last week and I already have plans to make about half of the patterns, starting with the Shell Tank.

Here's the fascinating beginning. I'm using the recommended cotton classic, color periwinkle, which is giving me some knitting nostalgia because i learned to knit with it. Aww. It's a pleasant yarn, and I've been feeling a hankering for cotton lately.

I'm planning on busting this out quick, and then on to the Roundabout Leaf, hopefully in Schaefer Laurel, colorway Billie Holiday. Anyone ever use it? It looks gorgeous.

Anyway, more pics and stuff on my blog, http://www.dragonflyhandspun.typepad.com/blog. Please visit! It's spankin new!

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Nonnahs said...

Good luck with the Shell Tank! I started it, and then had to put it down in lieu of other projects. Maybe you'll inspire me to pick it up again. :)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Help? I'd really like to try for the Shell Tank even if it's unlikely to suit me -- I like comfortable tents. But Tahki cotton isn't available in the UK and the closest approximations I can find (Cathay?) aren't available in a colour that makes my heart race. Any thoughts on other substitute yarns? I was wondering about something with Bamboo, or perhaps Karaoke (I know it's wool/silk, but there's a colourway I love).

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Amy said...

hmm...the cotton classic is your basic worsted-to-dk weight, i think..the gauge for the tank is 5.5 sts=1", so I would think the bamboo (the one from SWTC) would work...or I'll bet rowan makes a dk cotton that would work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home